Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dismissing the Sunday Blues!

I don't know about you, but I often get the Sunday blues.  I know you know what I'm talking about - it's that feeling that hits you early Sunday evening when you realize your 48 hours of you time is about to go back to being 5 days of office time. But I've decided I'm not going to waste anymore me time thinking about office time, and instead, I'll sit back and reminisce about last week's good times in hopes of having similar smiles this week!




From time to time I like to walk home from work. It's about a 30 minute walk from Chinatown to Capitol Hill and last Thursday the weather was perfect and I couldn't resist.  About a block away from home, on a residential street, I stumbled upon this nugget of sweetness. I'm a huge fan of thoughtfulness when it comes to showing your love for someone and this immediately melted my heart. There's just something about knowing that probably a hundred people in addition to "Mom" walked over it on their way to and from work and they too likely smiled at this simple gesture.



When I don't walk to work I typically metro, which is exactly what I did Friday morning. I know it may be creepy, but I just had to take a picture of the lady who greets EVERYONE with a genuine smile and a "good morning" as they start their day.  The way she says hello gives you just the right amount of optimism for the day.  I wish I was stealthy enough to take a video of her greeting everyone as she hands them their morning Express before they hop on the train, but I'm not, and would probably just look like an uber weirdo. So, you'll just have to take my word for it.



Also Friday, was my MOM'S BIRTHDAY! She's not just a highlight of last week, she's a highlight of my life! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!


Saturday I joined some wonderful friends and ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k.  It was an absolute zoo, but it felt great to be running again.  Huge storms made their way through the District the night before so the weather was absolutely perfect. It was amazing running alongside women who had survived their battle with breast cancer and others who just wanted to support those who had to fight the fight. I ran with my mom and my grandmother Deeder in my heart and on my shirt!

After the run I was energized for the day and helped my handsome boyfriend (see below ;) ) prep for a crawfish boil he and some of his buddies were putting on in Georgetown that night. After a day of running errands and toting live crawfish around, I finally got my shower and was able to sit back and enjoy some delicious food, beverages and great friends. We had a blast at the boil and it looked like the other 140 people there enjoyed themselves too.



And today was a pretty great Sunday. I spent it on the couch with the boyfriend and 3-legged dog and had two doses of Mexican for meals :) I even got a little cleaning done thanks to the above mentioned duo.   Now I'm winding down and dismissing the Sunday blues!


Thanks for reading - Have a GREAT week!

 (...not so) Fun Fact #2: Finding Zatarain's crab boil in bulk in the District AIN'T EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment